..Like us at Facebook



The word despair according to different dictionaries, it means complete loss of hope.

Quran

One should never despair of the Mercy of Allaah, because despair of the Mercy of Allaah is a grave major sin. Allaah Says (what means): And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except for those astray? Quran Surah Hijr15: 56

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allaah except the disbelieving people. Quran Surah Yusuf 12:87

Allah said: Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." Quran Surah Zumar39:53

Hadith

In a Qudsi Hadeeth, Abu Huraira reported from Allah's Messenger () that his Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, thus said. A servant committed a sin and he said:O Allah, forgive me my sins, and Allah (the Exalted and Glorious) said: My servant commited a sin and then he came to realise that he has a Lord Who forgives the sins and takes to account (the sinner) for the sin. He then again committed a sin and said: My Lord, forgive me my sin, and Allah, the Exalted and High, said: My servant committed a sin and then came to realise that he has a Lord Who would forgive his sin or would take (him) to account for the sin. He again committed a sin and said: My Lord, forgive me for my sin, and Allah (the Exalted and High) said: My servant sas committed a sin and then came to realise that he has a Lord Who forgives the sins or takes (him) to account for sin. O servant, do what you like. I have granted you forgiveness. 'Abd al-A'la said: I do not know whether he said thrice or four times to do" what you desire". Sahih Muslim 2758

Here is also the example of that man who used to drink alcohols and was brought to the Messenger of Allaah . ‘Umar, May Allaah Be Pleased with him, narrated that he said: “During the lifetime of the Prophet there was a man called ‘Abdullaah whose nickname was Himaar (donkey), and he used to make the Messenger of Allaah  laugh. The Prophet lashed him because of drinking (alcohols). One day, he was brought to the Prophet  for the same charge and was lashed. On that, a man among the people said, ‘O Allaah, Curse him ! How frequently he is brought (to the Prophet  for such a charge)!’ The Prophet  said, ‘Do not curse him, for by Allaah, I know that he loves Allaah and His Messenger.’” Sahih Al-Bukhari 6780 (Vol. 8:771) [1]

Allah forgives the sins as long as people don’t associate anything with Him

Abu Dharr reported Allah's Messenger () as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, stated:"He who comes with goodness, there are in store for him ten like those and even more than those: 'And he who comes with vice, ' it is only for that that he is called to account. I even forgive him (as I like) and he who draws close to Me by the span of a palm I draw close to him by the cubit, and he who draws close to Me by the cubit I draw close to him by the space (covered) by two hands, and he who walks towards Me I rush towards him, and he who meets Me in the state that his sins fill the earth, but not associating anything with Me, I would meet Him with the same (vastness) of pardon (on My behalf)."  Sahih Muslim 2687 (Book 35, Hadith 6499)

Anas bin Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: “Allah, Blessed is He and Most High, said: ‘O son of Adam! Verily as long as you called upon Me and hoped in Me, I forgave you, despite whatever may have occurred from you, and I did not mind. O son of Adam! Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky, then you sought forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you, and I would not mind. So son of Adam! If you came to me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you met Me not associating anything with Me, I would come to you with forgiveness nearly as great as it.’” Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3540 [2]

Conclusion

Hence, a slave should never despair of the Mercy of Allaah The Almighty. Rather, whenever he commits a sin, he should ask for forgiveness and repent to Allaah. None is infallible. Regarding the righteous people who are promised Paradise, Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous. Quran Surah Al’e Imran 3: 133

Indicating the characteristics of the righteous people, Allaah Added (what means): {And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allaah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allaah? - And [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers. Quran Surah Al’e Imran 3: 135-136

Even a righteous person may commit a grave major sin or do an immorality. Nevertheless, he immediately gives up the sin and returns to his Lord seeking forgiveness and repentance.
Here is also the example of the Messengers, May Allaah Exalt their mention. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): Indeed, in My presence the messengers do not fear. Otherwise, he who wrongs, then substitutes good after evil - indeed, I Am Forgiving and Merciful. Quran Surah Naml 27: 10-11

Musa (Moses), May Allaah Exalt his mention, who was directly addressed by Allaah, killed a person and then said as Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {My Lord, indeed I have wronged myself, so Forgive me,” and He Forgave him. Indeed, He Is The Forgiving, The Merciful.} Quran Surah Qasas 18: 16  [3]

See also


References

0 http://www.askislampedia.com/en/wiki/-/wiki/English_wiki/Despair#.U2iLzvl_v6U

0 comments :

Post a Comment

May Allah Bless YOU.

 
How to Lose Weight at Home Top